Thursday 15 December 2011

Honey, it's either the seat belt, or MY belt.

Wow. What a tough week it has been. There has been so many good things happening in our life lately, but it seems that for every good thing something bad has to happen aswell. It's been TOUGH. My attitude has got the best of me and there has been spankings and corner time and the works too. Ugh.
Anyways we had just finished shopping and we were about to go home, we got in the car and i didnt put my seatbelt on. This is a regular thing for me, I always forget, J reminds me and thats all. Ha. NOT this time. For whatever reason I was feeling defiant.
"Hey babe, please put your seatbelt on"

"Uhm, NO, I don't feel like it" (scared myself when i said that! couldnt believe it lol)

"Excuse me?"

"Im not putting on my seatbelt. Just drive."

"I am not leaving this parking lot untill you have your seatbelt on. The baby has hers on, I have mine on, shouldnt you put yours on too?"

"uhhhhh... No?"

"(Here my NAME was used, something he doesnt call me unless he is SERIOUS), PUT on your seatbelt. NOW. You know how important it is. What would me and the baby do without you?"
(I hate when he uses my  mother-ness against me like that, he knows how much she means to me, but then again thats why he does it)

I felt bad, I just wanted to listen and do it but I "had" to stick to my guns. I had to be stubborn. "

"NO!!"

"(My name here), last chance, the seatbelt, or MY belt when we get home. you choose.!"

I looked at him and the look on his face was so serious. My, if looks could kill.
Finally I gave in. Those words, that face. Scary.

"Yes Sir"

Yep. I got spanked when we got home. But the spanking was for attitude and being defiant. And it wasn't with his belt :) LOL

8 comments:

  1. Melly, you would not by chance be testing him...would you? You seriously said "no" to the seatbelt? Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me I hate seat belts I usually never wear them unless I am driving...or Nate is with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara,
    I don't know if I was being testy, or just being defiant. At the time I simply felt like just being stuborn and doing my own thing. I knew I should wear a seat belt, but because he was telling me to, I just couldn't. Stupid. I know.
    Melly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cate,
    Its not that I hate them, I just forget to put it on. Usually he just reminds me and I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is shocking how stubborn we can be in the moment isn't it? I always look back and wonder what I was thinking but it still happens from time to time. Glad you complied in the end...that would have been one terrible spanking if you hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Hindsight is 20/20!
    Happy Holidays
    Melly

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife has done this before and it doesn't go over real well. Wearing your seatbelt is really important and I'm glad to hear things turned out okay in the end.

    All the best, Melly!

    -- Clint

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe I have found one thing I'm not defiant about? But then again, in the moment who knows :) Glad you heeded a very clear warning...

    ReplyDelete